11/21/12

An Interveiw with Sophie


A couple weeks ago Sophie from Sophie at Home emailed me about my blog, I asked her if she'd like to do a swap interveiw with me! She's so cute and awesome so go check out her blog here and get to know her better, also you can check out her interview with me too! And she's from Australia!

What’s your favorite thing about living in Australia?
I love so many things about living in Australia! Everyday I remember how lucky I am to be able to live in such an amazing place. I love the freedom of the country. I love how we seem so different to the northern hemisphere. I love how we have our Christmas in summer when you can go swimming and have a BBQ. And we spell words like favourite and colour with a u. Most of all, I love living in such a beautiful corner of the world that is so isolated and beautiful.

What is your favorite type of candy?
I would have to say lolly bananas. Yummy! Funny thing is, I don’t like real bananas, or anything else banana, just lolly bananas! I try not to eat too many lollies though, I prefer chocolate! Cadbury chocolate is my favourite.

Do you have any odd habits?
I always thought I didn’t have any odd habits, but I do! For example whenever I’m walking somewhere, like along a path or in the bush and I see a branch I have to pick it up and then break off small twigs as I’m walking along. So weird! Also, I’m nowhere at all a clean freak, but things have to be tidy. Like if there is a blanket on the couch, I automatically go and fold it up and put it away. And if the chairs at the dining table are all over the place, I must go and straighten them all.

Where do you find inspiration? (For your home improvement projects)
My inspiration for home improvement, decoration and all that stuff comes from heaps of different places. Pinterest, most surely, is the main source but I also love sourcing inspiration from blogs (like Young House Love or Max and Me) and my favourite magazines, Australian House and Garden and Inside Out.

Do you have a particularly inspiring verse or quote or tidbit of the moment?
You’re expecting me to choose just one? I have a whole board on Pinterest dedicated to my favourite quotes, so choosing one is a bit of a challenge! At the moment I really liking a recent find though: Let your smile change the world but don’t let the world change your smile. Keep on smilin’ guys!

What do you do in your free time?
In my free time… I blog. I Pinterest. I read blogs. I listen to music. I read magazines (Australian House & Garden and a new favourite… Inside Out). I craft things. I cook/bake. I dance (like silly, fun dancing, not serious or anything). I think about my dream home. I work on Wattle Cottage projects. I think about how lucky I am to be living a life I love. I hang out with friends. I plan and organise things (like events, not cupboards or anything). I check my emails and write emails. I spend way too much time on the computer.

Describe your perfect day.
Waking up early in the summer and going outside to read a book whilst watching the sunrise with a cup of freshly squeezed apple juice in my hand. Then the day would go something along the lines of reading my favourite blogs, Christmas baking with family, heading to the pool with friends and taking lots of photos. The day would end with a community barbecue accompanied by nice music and sleeping out under the stars with my favourite friends and family.

What are your favorite color, and smell?
Someone asked me what my favourite colour was the other day and I could not decide. I like all colours! Especially pastel colours and bright and funky colours and natural colours. See, it’s too hard for me too decide! Rather than just one favourite colour, I like colour combinations. I don’t like metallic colours though, that’s definite.
My favourite smell, on the other hand, is easy. Roses. The smell of roses is absolutely gorgeous. We have recently planted some rose bushes at home so I hope soon we can have some lovely smelling roses!

What are your favorite few songs right now?
I love lots of songs, so it’s hard to choose just a few. I would have to end up choosing…
I Love You Till The End by The Pogues. Go listen to it, you will cry, it’s so, so sweet.
You Belong With Me by Taylor Swift. I love all Taylor Swift songs and choosing my favourite would be impossible but You Belong With Me is very sweet and has a great video clip.
Bubbly by Colbie Caillat. There isn’t much to say, but it’s a great song.
Any 80’s song! I love 80’s music like Jesse’s Girl, 9 to 5, Uptown Girl, Eye of Tiger, Thriller, Wake Me Up Before You Go Go, just to name a few favourites.
Christmas songs! The Christmas music is one of my favourite things about Christmas. I’m thinking of songs like… Look Around You (It’s Christmas Time) and Last Christmas.


What are your top three favorite books and movies?
As for movies, I’m loving…
Sweet Home Alabama. It is seriously a great movie, I could watch it over and over and over without becoming tired of it, and it’s got a cute love story.
P.S. I Love You. This is the movie that made me fall in love with the song I Love You Till The End. And it has yet another amazing love story.
Suddenly 30. It has the best soundtrack with great songs from the eighties that always makes me feel happy. And of course, there’s another nice love story!
Truthfully, I don’t read as many books as I should. It is hard to find a good book that I fall in love with, but here are a few that have managed to win me over…
The Confessions of a Shopaholic (the series by Sophie Kinsella). There’s around 6 books in the series and I picked up one after another and didn’t put them down until they were finished. I read more than I had ever before that month and I’ve never read as much since either. Addictive.
P.S. I Love You (the book by Cecilia Ahern). Can you sense I have something for the whole P.S. I Love You thing? It’s only because it’s good though! The movie was adapted from the book and they are both similar, but both very good!

The Help (by Kathryn Stockett). The Help also has a movie adaptation (which is really good). I love the whole storyline. It is so intriguing, eye opening and heartbreaking, but such a nice read (and good movie too).

Tell us about your 10 months living in France with your family.
I’d love to tell you all about my time in France, but there is too much to tell just now! Coincidentally though, I am planning a post about it to share with you guys. Now that you come to mention it, I’d better get a move on!

Do you read the reviews before you see a movie?
Hardly ever! I think I can be the judge of whether I like the movie or not. Besides, most of the times I have read the reviews and they say that the movie is bad, then I watch the movie anyhow and I really like it!

If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go and why?
Most definitely Finland, more specifically Lapland. I’ve never been there before but I’ve read and seen the most amazing things about it and have been longing to go for a while now. Everything from the Northern lights to being able to meet the real Santa to being in one of the most isolated parts of the world surrounded by snow has won me over. I’d also like to go back to France to visit my friends there and New Zealand doesn’t sound too bad either.

Where do you see yourself and your blog in five years?
I wish I knew. My future is very uncertain. I will have finished school though so I hope to travel the world (and see all the great places I mentioned before). As for my blog, I still hope to be blogging! In the past few months, blogging has made up such a big part of my life… a big part that I wouldn’t trade for anything. I have the most amazing bloggy readers and followers and friends. I hope that my blog will only get bigger and better and I will still love it as much as I do today.

Thanks again Sophie! Now go check out her blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment